My Favorite Quotes|
- If you are gonna walk on thin ice you might as well dance.
- You can't rub BENGAY on a Heartache.
- Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win great triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevel
- The hall is rented, the orchestra engaged ... it's now time to see if you can *dance*.
- But first, on earth as vampire sent, Thy corpse shall from its tomb be rent; Then ghastly haunt thy native place, And suck the blood of all thy race. - Lord Byron
- A liar must be good at remembering.
- A dream is an answer to a question we haven’t learned how to ask.
- Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. - Benjamin Franklin
- Live your dream or Die!
- The tears of the world are a constant quantity. For each one who begins to weep somewhere else another stops. The same is true of the
laugh. Let us not then speak ill of our generation, it is not any unhappier than its predecessors. Let us not speak well of it at all.
- We once said hello and it all began, for we shall never say good-bye for good-byes are too final.
- Even in the darkest moments there can always be something found that can make one smile.
- Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are.
- Do not walk in front of me I may not follow ... Do not walk behind me I may not lead ... Just walk beside me and be my friend.
- That which does not kill you makes you stronger.
- Every word I say, by definition, is a promise.
- You cannot pee in a Mr. Coffee and get Tasters Choice.
- There are no shortcuts to anyplace worth going.
- There is no greater enemy than our own fears. It takes a brave man to face them.
- With every ending there is a new beginning.
- Bend when you must. Make a difference when you can.
- Truth is the property of no individual, but is the treasure of all men.
- Nothing very bad, or very good, lasts very long.
- Life is like licking honey from a thorn.
- One can only do right in the future by knowing what he has done wrong in the past.
- If you make a mistake, and do not correct it, you will make the same mistake again.
- There are two things you must do in life, die, and live until you die. The rest is up to you.
- Danger the spur of all great minds.
- To really be a winner you got to lose some.
- If you turn a gift away from your door, it goes to the next who takes it in.
- The brighter the picture, the darker the negative
- We don't deal the deck down here. We just play the percentages.
- Poor people are crazy. I'm eccentric.
- Behold the pale horse, the man who sat on him was death, and hell followed with him.
- Only suckers buck the tiger's odds, they're all on the house.
- Superior attitude, superior state of mind.
- There is no normal life, there's just life, so get on with it.
- Sometimes you find the devil in the details.
- There is no present. There is only the immediate future, and the most recent past.
- A friend is one whom I may think aloud.
- Revenge is a dish that is best served cold.
- Never burn bridges. They may fall on you.
- Why torture yourself when life will do it for you.
- When something seems too good to be true, it usually is.
- Nothing ventured. Nothing gained.
- Belief is a wise wager. If you're right, you win all. If you're wrong, you lose nothing.
- A man who fears nothing is a man who loves nothing.
- When one person receives without working ... another must work without receiving.
- When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour,
it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a
hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein
- He that is of the opinion money will do everything may well be suspected of doing everything for money. - Benjamin Franklin
- The optimist thinks that this is the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist knows it is. - J. Robert Oppenheimer
- Famous last words:
1. Don't unplug it, it will just take a moment to fix.
2. Let's take the shortcut, he can't see us from there.
3. What happens if you touch these two wires tog--
4. We won't need reservations.
5. It's always sunny there this time of the year.
6. Don't worry, it's not loaded.
7. They'd never (be stupid enough to) make him a manager.
- Some men look at things the way they are and ask why? I dream of things that are not and ask why not? - Robert Kennedy
- The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. - Mark Twain
- Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority it is time to reform. - Mark Twain
- Chance favors the prepared mind.
- You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
- Every day we make it ... We'll make it the best we can - Mr Jack Daniel (from the backside of the Jack Daniel's bottle)
- The uncreative mind can spot wrong answers, but it takes a very creative mind to spot wrong questions.
- You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
- I'm not the spirit of any age. I am at odds with everything.
- The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that, he was gone.
- A rumor is not a rumor that doesn't die.
- Words are merely suggestions of what we really feel.
- All we can do is live every minute, and die a little every day.
- If you're going to work in a whore house, there is only one thing to be: the best whore in the house.
- If the truth wont set you free, lie.
- What does it profit a man if he gains the world, and loses his soul? Oh well, there are compensations.
- Right now the wind is at your back, but sooner or later the winds are going to change, and everything you have done is going to blow back in your face. Would you rather eat crow now, or face the devil in eternity?
- A lie can only become a truth when somebody wants to believe it.
- Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, do we not revenge.
- He that knows little, often forgets it.
- B.A.D. = Balls, Attitude, Direction!
- I'd rather be bad at something I loved, than good at something I hated.
- There is a kind of freedom in being completely screwed, because you know things can't get any worse.
- Winners forget they're in the race. They just love to run.
- You got to trust people, but you just can't believe in the guarantee.
- Do you know what the best thing is about feeling happy? You think you'll never be unhappy again.
- It's interesting how the view is on the way out, than on the way in.
- Don't let her become a regret. It's worse than being a looser.
- Sometimes being a ‘bitch' is the only thing a woman has to hold onto.
- Do you know what makes love so frightening? It's that you don't own it. It owns you.
- If you can't accept anything on faith, then you're doomed for a life full of doubt.
- The more you live, the less you die.
- Get busy living, or get busy dying.
- When you try to see the world in black and white, you're going to end up with a lot of grey.
- Never explain, never complain.
- Like speaks to like.
- It's not the quality. It's the content.
- Gratitude is given. Hatred is earned.
- What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for. Only love.
- I am as I am. The world is as it is.
- What can the dammed freely say to the dammed?
- Action: I won! Reaction: You cannot ever take that away from me!
- Maybe it's better not to be the best because it's ok to lose.
- Next time, don't stand on the tracks when the trains coming though.
- Once you are a pickle you can't ever be a cucumber again.
- Everything reveals itself in black and white.
- Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.
- Rules for love: All reasons against it. All instincts for it.
- Nemo me impune lacessit - "No one injures me without punishment." - Montressor "The Cask of Amontillado"
- Pestis eram vivus ... moriens tua mors ero - "Living, I was your plague ... dying, I shall be your death." - Martin Luther
- Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker. - Linus on Life
- I once thought I had made a mistake ... but I was wrong!
- Without struggle there is no progress.
- The riskier the road ... the greater the profit.
- I'm not in a rut; I'm in a groove!
- Sometimes making a friend may be more important than making a profit.
- I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him.
- Never let a fool kiss you or a kiss fool you.
- Our greatest duty is to help others, and if you can't help them, would you please not hurt them?
- Laws are like cobwebs, for any trifling or powerless thing falls into them, they hold it fast; but if a thing of any size falls into them, it breaks the mesh and escapes.
- True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost.
- To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting.
- Let the dead rest, and the past remain in the past.
- Time is the fire in which we burn.
- To the last, I will grapple with thee. From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.
- We learn by doing.
- Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.
- What you want is irrelevant, what you have chosen is athand.
- Perhaps "because it is there" is insufficient reason for climbing the rock.
- The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.
- For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
- The mistakes we make in life are not so important as the lessons we've learned from them.
- If you don't have much ... you don't need much.
- If a wound goes really deep, sometimes the healing of that wound can hurt more than the wound itself.
- Imagination is more important than knowledge. To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science. - Albert Einstein
- If bravery is a quality that knows not fear then I have never seen a brave man. The courageous man is the man who, inspite of his fear, carries on.
- When you think you're Fucken' Them, they're Fucken' You. And now, You're Fucked!
- The night is long that never finds the day. - Shakespeare
- More is thy due than more than all can pay. - Shakespeare
- I cannot but remember such things were, That were most precious to me. - Shakespeare
- Angels are bright still, though the brightest fell. - Shakespeare
- All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand. - Shakespeare
- To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow, creeps in this petty pace from day to day to the last syllable of recorded time, and all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life 's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. - Shakespeare
- Things without all remedy should be without regard; what 's done is done. - Shakespeare
- When our actions do not, our fears do make us traitors. - Shakespeare
- Every plan has its flaw.
- The disposition of one's immortal soul is up to each individual person. Regardless of their religion.
- There can be a fine line between patience and procrastination.
- No person ever truly forgives what they cannot forget.
- Time is so slow that it numbs our minds toward the speed of its departure.
- Revenge, how bitter the peel, how sweet the center.
- My pain is my power. My power is my pain.
- The worlds greatest artists are unknown.